Seattle Revival Center is seeking a Youth Ministry Intern for the 2014-2015 school year for our Youth Ministry Program. The internship requires 12 hours a week and runs for 9 months from September – May.
• Love Jesus and want to grow in relationship with Him
• Enjoy spending time with middle and high school students
• Able to meet on church campus for at least 2 hours/week for prep/planning/training
• Able to meet for 1 hour during the week for mentoring
• Spend at least 3 hours or more a week connecting with teens
• Attend & lead weekly youth gathering Wednesday nights 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm and Sundays 9:30 am – 12 noon
• Provide own transportation
• A passing background check since the intern will be working with children & teens
• Willing to hang out at the beach, go to the movies, give car rides, eat pizza, talk about Jesus and life, and generally engage in the life of teenagers!
Bonus Points for applicants that are any of the following:
• Social media and website savvy
• Eager to grow a new ministry
• Able to lead worship
We are looking for an intern who is interested in ministry leadership and desires to grow in their faith, knowledge, and pastoral skills. While the internship can be designed to fit the intern’s level of experience and ability, interns must have an eagerness to learn, a desire to serve others, and a heart for God.
Interns will work an average of 12 hours per week (with some weeks having heavier workloads and others lighter). However, there is required attendance for Sunday mornings and our weekly youth gathering.
Through the course of our Internship Program, an intern will gain a clearer sense of their personal gifting and call, grow deeper in their relationship with Christ, build leadership skills, and gain hands-on experience in ministry and service. The internship program has two main components: Ministry Experience and Mentoring. The Mentoring component centers on a mentoring relationship between the intern and our Youth Pastor who will meet regularly with the intern in order to teach practical skills, foster personal growth and theological reflection. The Ministry Experience component is actual hands-on practical leadership experience in the area of Youth Ministry.
Internship responsibilities and experiences can be customized for students needing ministry/candidacy credit.
SRC is a family-oriented congregation in beautiful Newcastle, Washington who passionately pursues life transforming relationships with Jesus.
Recognize, understand, and agree to live by the moral and ethical standards of Seattle Revival Center as outlined in the SRC Statement of Faith and Constitution & Bylaws.
Seattle Revival Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in employment or participation in its programs or activities.
Seattle Revival Center is an "At Will" employer.
©2013 Seattle Revival Center. All Rights Reserved 12636 SE 89TH Place, Newcastle, WA. 98056 (425) 228-0810 email@example.com